Immigration Control

Hello and welcome. The purpose of "Immigration Control" is to offer an opportunity for lively discussion on the subject of immigration. Various areas on the subject will be posted and you will be able to reply, pro or con. Please, no foul language or flaming other posters. If you have an article you've written or found elsewhere you want posted please email it to: mvl270@yahoo.com Immigration Control is a production of Moe Lauzier's Issues of the Day.

Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Protests and citizen's letter to President Bush....Your comments below......

Below is a satirical letter to President Bush from a WRKO listener and reader of Issues of the Day. Your comments may be posted by using the comment line below the letter. Your thoughts are at the heart of this new site......Moe Lauzier


From: Dick and Karen

President George W. Bush
White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20500-0001

Subject: I'm going to Mexico

Dear President Bush:

I'm planning a trip with my family and extended family,and would like to ask you to assist me. I'm going to walk acrossthe border from the U.S. into Mexico, and I need to make a fewarrangements. I know you can help with this.Our plan is to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports,immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure Mexico handles those things thesame way we do here.So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Vicente Fox, thatwe’re on my way? Please let him know that we will be expectingthe following:


1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services we mightneed, whether we use them or not.

3. All government forms need to be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of theflag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast andlunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easyaccess to government services.

9. I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make anyeffort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get thememo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that allpolice officers speak English.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put flag decalson my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do notwant any complaints or negative comments from the neighbors.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes,and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in the Mexico to be extremely niceand never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I mightplace on the economy.

14. Eventually I want to be able to vote and have all election materials
and notices sent to me in English with Spanish as a second language.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all thesethings for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico.

I am sure that Pres. Fox won't mind returning the favor if you ask himnicely. However, if he gives you any trouble, just invite him to go quailhunting with Vice-President Dick Cheney or a car ride with Senator Ted Kennedy.

Sincerely,

Dick and Karen
American Citizen

You may wish to pass this letter and site address along to the White House. They must hear the voice of Americans who feel enough is enough. The First Amendment has not been altered yet, so citizen comments and complaints are in our tradition. Please use it while we still can.

comments@whitehouse.gov

Please add any comments below and/or email me at mvl270@yahoo.com ........Ciao....Moe


Comments:
The biggest argument so far in the illegal alien fiasco seems to be,"they are needed to do the jobs american citizens won't do". The reason they do is that is the only work they can get because they are in this country illegally. Give them citizenship and the first thing they will do is move to a better job. Then who will do the jobs that americans don't want. More illegals will come to do them and the cycle just keeps going. The solution is to fine any employer who has illegals working for them. Second offense increase the fine and have a mandatory prison term. When this is done and the employers get the message they will be forced to make the jobs attractive enough to get legal aliens or citizens to accept the work. The bottom line will be that the need for cheap labor goes away and with it the temptation to come into the US illegally. Employers without this cheap labor must now compete on a level playing field with those employers who for whatever reason cannot or do avail themselves of this benefit.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

April 2006   May 2006   May 2007   June 2007   September 2007   October 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?